Cancer Support Programs
Cancer Support Program DirectorKim Parham 615-284-2241
Patient Navigator CoordinatorErin Walters 615-222-3299
- Baptist Hospital (Chrystie Turner 615.284.7785)
- MTMC (615.396.5361)
- Saint Thomas Hospital (Lori Black 615.222.9726)
Nurse Navigation for Breast Cancer Patients
- Baptist Hospital (Fanny Baxter 615.284.5239 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MTMC (Carole Williams 615.396.5618)
- Saint Thomas Hospital (Irene Bradford 615.222.3847)
Our team of nurse navigators, located within our three Centers for Breast Health, are specially trained to help patients manage their fears - after diagnosis and throughout treatment:
- Providing education-helping patients gather information for more informed decisions.
- Facilitating communication with their medical team-helping patients understand the tests and procedures they'll be facing and connecting patients with the many resources available.
Nurse Navigators serve as educators, advocates, guides, and liaisons between patients, their medical team, their family and our extensive network of support resources to facilitate treatment, recovery and rehabilitation. We will work with patients to coordinate appointments and tests with the medical team. Throughout the process we will be available to work with patients one-on-one for peace of mind.
Weekly Pre-Operative Classes for Breast Cancer Patients
- Learn how to better prepare for your surgery so you can be more comfortable and less apprehensive.
- Allow you to complete your preadmission testing either before or after the class session.
Experienced Breast Health Nurse Navigators will teach the class. They will cover topics including:
- Testing before your surgery
- What to expect the day of your surgery
- Care after your surgery
- Support and community services
- Home care
- Long-term survivorship
- Obtaining post-operative surgical garment
We welcome a family member or friend to come with you to the class. Please bring questions!
Weekly Breast Cancer Pre-Operative Classes:
Wednesdays - 1:00 p.m - Saint Thomas Hospital Center for Breast Health
Thursdays - 1:00 p.m. - MTMC Center for Breast Health: Suite 101 Seton Bldg.
Fridays - 9:30 a.m. - Baptist Hospital Center for Breast Health
Call 615.284.LADY (5239) to register.
Health and Wellness
This Cancer Wellness Program is a hospital based cancer care program at Saint Thomas and Baptist hospitals. The H.O.P.E program seeks to restore optimum health through physical activity during and after treatment. Our exercise physiologists are uniquely qualified to address the unique needs of patients and survivors recovering from surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation, and they provide support and encouragement to help participants incorporate physical fitness as part of a lifelong wellness choice.
For more information call Saint Thomas Hospital Wellness Center 615.222.2056.
Rehabilitation (requires a physician referral for insurance coverage)
For more information please call our Life Therapies Clinic at 615.284.7566
For more information on costs, please contact the Wellness Centers at Saint Thomas Hospital 615.222.2056.
Spiritual Counseling Service
Baptist Hospital 615.284.5221
Saint Thomas Hospital 615.222.6602
- American Cancer Society
- Bridges to Care
- Daughters of Charity
- Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition